Gaynor Minden 25th Anniversary Store Display Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Gaynor Minden 25th Anniversary Store Display Contest (“Contest”) is open only to existing Gaynor Minden, Inc. (“Sponsor”) wholesale accounts worldwide. These accounts must have purchased products from Gaynor Minden prior to the start date of the contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules (“Rules”). Void where prohibited.
- Entry Period: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on 05/01/2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on 05/11/2018 (the “Contest Period”).
- How to Enter: During the Contest Period, login to Instagram or Facebook (accounts are free) and upload/post your original photo of your Gaynor Minden-themed display (“Theme”). When you post your photo, you must include the hashtag #GMTurns25StoreDisplayContest and you must tag Gaynor Minden using the @gaynorminden tag. Only photos with the hashtag and the correct Gaynor Minden tag can be counted as entries. Your Instagram account must be set to “Public” so the judges can see your photo. Once your post is complete, please send the link to your post to [email protected] Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. If any person(s) appear in your photo other than yourself, you must have permission from them for use of their image as set forth in these Official Rules. No responsibility is assumed for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, or stolen entries, or for any failure or delay in any electronic communications.
- Publicity/Usage Rights: By entering, you warrant and represent that all required third-party releases (if any) have been obtained in writing, and you further agree acknowledge and agree that Sponsor (and those acting with its authorization) may copy, reproduce, edit, broadcast and otherwise use your photo/post in any way in any medium whether now existing or later discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, including but not limited to posting on Sponsor’s website or on Sponsor’s social media pages. Photos posted in connection with the Contest may or may not be posted online in Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or reject any content it deems inappropriate for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to delete or blur any inappropriate content from a photo/Post without disqualifying the entry where, in Sponsor’s determination, such change does not materially alter the submission and the entrant has otherwise attempted in good faith to comply with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest and/or receipt or use of any prize further constitutes the winning store(s)’s consent for use of its name, likeness, employees’ voices, opinions, and/or statements, store history, and/or city and state for promotional or advertising purposes in any media, worldwide, now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further review, notification, payment, or consideration (unless prohibited by law).
- Winner Selection and Notification: All eligible photos will be judged by a panel of judges using the following criteria: Creativity/Originality; Expression of the Theme; Photo Quality; and Appropriateness to Sponsor’s image; and Public Appeal (the number of likes and comments on Instagram may be considered by the judges, in their discretion, as one factor in assessing this criterion). Judges’ decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
- Winners will be notified on May 25th via email. Judges’ decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Prize: Winner receives 25 free pairs of pointe shoes from the “GM Anniversary Collection.” Approximate retail value (ARV) of prize: $3,250. Prize is non-transferable, and no cash alternative or prize substitution will be allowed, except in Sponsor’s discretion. A substitute of comparable or greater value may be awarded if the prize or any component thereof becomes unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with acceptance or use of any prize. All entrants will receive a free Pointe Essentials Fitting Kit for their store. Approximate retail value (ARV) of Pointe Essentials Fitting Kit: $127.
- Release of Liability: By participating, you release Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize, and you agree that these entities are not responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the promotion and/or the awarding of any prize except as expressly provided in these official rules. By entering, you agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to reasonable and actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for reasonable and actual out-of-pocket expenses. These rules and any disputes relating hereto are governed by the internal laws of the State of New York, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, and by entering you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the states and federal courts in the United States for resolution of any disputes relating to the Contest and waive any objection thereto. For New Jersey residents, the limitations set forth above are inapplicable where attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other damages are mandated by statute.
- Additional Rules: Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. No responsibility is assumed for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled, incomplete or illegible entries, all of which are void; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, mobile device, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s mobile device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest.
- By participating, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Contest it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) suspend, modify or terminate the Contest if Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that malfunction, error, disruption or damage is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest, as solely determined by the Sponsor, may be disqualified. If any portion of the Contest is compromised in a manner that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and to select the winner from among eligible entries received that are not affected by the problem or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
- Sponsor: Gaynor Minden, Inc., 140 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
- Instagram and Facebook: By participating in this Contest, you release Instagram, Facebook, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.