Remember! Gaynor Minden's satin has minimal stretch and our shanks and boxes do not soften or "break-in". Allow enough length, and be sure the shoe is sufficiently pliable.
Fitting Gaynor Minden pointe shoes is logical and easy to learn.
As in fitting conventional pointe shoes:
- You never fit with "room to grow".
- The toe box must be snug.
(Reason: a shoe that is too big cannot provide proper support.)
Unlike fitting conventional paste shoes:
- You allow 1/8" to 1/4" pinch (at the top of the heel by the drawstring casing) when
(Reason: our satin does not stretch as much as conventional satin does.)
- You select a shoe stiffness that will never change; there is no "breaking in" or softening.
(Reason: our shanks and boxes are elastomeric; they never weaken.)
- A Gaynor Minden "size" consists of six variables; length is just one of them. You specify all six.